Our Vision: A Civil Helicopter Community With Zero Fatal Accidents
- The United States Helicopter Safety Team (USHST) will host a webinar June 7 about how pilots can better protect themselves and their passengers from bird strikes and what to do if they occur.
- USHST Names Chris Baur as its Next Industry Co-Chair
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team Invites HAI HELI-EXPO 2023
Attendees to Participate in All-Hands Meeting
- “56 Seconds to Live” Safety Course Wins AIN 2021 Top Flight Award
- USHST Names FAA’s Karen Gattis as Government Co-Chair
- International Rotorcraft Community Launches Collaborative Safety Program.
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team “56 Seconds” UIMC Course Now Live
- USHST and Precision Flight Controls Will Team Up to Enhance Aeronautical Decision Making for Helicopter Pilots.
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- USHST Issues a “Blueprint” for Confronting IIMC and Pilot Spatial Disorientation
- 56 Seconds to Live: USHST Releases Video aimed at Saving Lives
- Most U.S. Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Using Crew Resource Management on All Helicopter Flights
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team Issues First “Recommended Practice” Document – Aviation Decision Making
- Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- Slight Change in Total U.S. Helicopter Accidents During 2019
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team Names Nick Mayhew of L3Harris as Co-Chair
- Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?
- USHST Safety Experts Will Offer 21 Workshops at Heli-Expo 2020 (Dec. 2019)
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Helicopter Accidents. (Dec. 2019)
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team Warns About the Next “Bump in the Road” for Fatal Accidents
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team Looking for More Experts to Join the Effort
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Threat for the Helicopter Industry
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations.
- Industry/Government Experts Gather for 5th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team Provides an Accident Ranking for Different Areas Within the Industry
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team to Participate in FAA Rotorcraft Conference
- Mixed Results: U.S. Helicopter Total Accident Rate Drops, But Fatal Accident Rate Rises During First Half of 2018
- USHST Public Meeting to be Held in Prescott, Ariz., on Aug. 7-8
- U.S. Helicopter Accident Rate Levels Off During 2017
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team Names FAA’s Wayne Fry as Government Co-Chair
- USHST Safety Experts Will Offer 13 Workshops at HELI-EXPO 2018
- Aim for Excellence: USHST Issues Final Group of Safety Enhancements to Reduce Fatal Helicopter Accidents
- Your Risky Business: USHST Announces 3rd Group of Safety Enhancements to Reduce Fatal Helicopter Accidents.
- Out of Control: USHST Announces 2nd Group of Safety Enhancements to Reduce Fatal Helicopter Accidents
- Flying Blind: USHST Recommends First Group of 22 Safety Enhancements to Reduce Fatal Helicopter Accidents.
- U.S. Helicopter Accident Rate Inches Upward During First Half of 2017
- USHST Finalizes Reorganization of Safety Work Groups
- Fatal Accident Rate, Fatality Rate, and Accident Rate Update (CY2016)
- U.S. Helicopter Accident Rate Continues Downward Trend During 2016
- USHST Safety Experts Will Offer 17 Workshops at Heli-Expo 2017
- Aviation Safety Experts Will Gather for 2nd Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- U.S. Civil Helicopter Accidents Continue to Decline During 2015 (July 2015)
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team Debuts “Reel Safety” (Feb. 2015)
- U.S. Helicopter Accident Rate Cut by More Than Half During Past 10 Years (Feb. 2015)
- Lower Nighttime Flight Hours = Higher Nighttime Helicopter Accidents (Dec. 2014)
- Helicopter Accident Rate Shows Double Digit Reduction (Sept. 2014)
- U.S. Helicopter Safety Team Calls for More Experts to Join the Effort (Aug. 2014)
- U.S. Civil Helicopter Accidents Decrease for First Half of 2014 (July 2014)
- For Helicopter Pilots: July is the Deadliest Month (June 2014)
- Safety Analysis: Most Helicopter Accidents Occurring in U.S. West and South (May 2014)
- With Spring’s Arrival, USHST Calls for More Helicopter Safety Vigilance (April 2014)
- USHST Releases New Helicopter Accident Analysis (April 2014)
- USHST Launches Mobile App Aimed at Helicopter Accident Prevention (Feb. 2014)